The Commonwealth Honors Program
The Honors Program provides students and faculty with opportunities to enrich their learning experiences at Cape Cod Community College. We offer courses, advisement, scholarships, and support dedicated to the academic success of Honors students. Highly motivated students can pursue independent research, collaborate with faculty and fellow Honors students, develop critical thinking skills, and prepare for advancement to Commonwealth Honors Programs.
Spring 2020 Offerings
The following Honors courses are planned for the Spring 2020 semester. Prerequisites apply. Please refer to the College Catalog for the course descriptions and prerequisites.
ENL102H-12 English Composition II Honors
Instructor: Laurie Veninger
Monday & Wednesday, 2:00–3:15pm
PSY101H-09 General Psychology Honors
Instructor: Krystin St Onge
Tuesday & Thursday, 12:30–1:45pm
HON200H-01 Honors Colloquium
Instructors: Kerry Drohan and Mark Forest
Tuesday & Thursday, 9:30–10:45am
The spring Honors Colloquium will study the waves of immigration from the Colonial era to the Amnesty of 1986, from two main perspectives: legislation and public policy in reaction to the influxes, and how the press depicted immigrants and presented the changes.
Dates and Deadlines for the Honors Program
- September 19: Proposals for Honors Program Contracts in a Regular Course – due by noon.
- October 17: Abstract of your project for the program for the Fall Honors Program Reception at 4Cs. (Presentation at the local Honors Reception is mandatory for both Fall and Spring Honors students in order to receive Honors credit.)
- December 9: Final Project for an Honors Contract in a Regular Course, submitted error-free to the Honors Coordinator, typed, graded with comments.
Other Important Dates
- 4Cs Honors Program Reception: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 12:00–2:00pm
- 27th Annual Massachusetts Statewide Undergraduate Research Conference: UMass Amherst, Friday, April 2020
Other Opportunites to Participate
- Honors Center, Top Floor Tilden Arts Center: Monday–Friday, 8:00am–4:00pm and by appointment. The Honors Center is a place for Honors scholars to study and to interact with other Honors students.
- The Honors Club, which is open to all students, meets on Fridays at 1:00pm on the top floor of the Tilden Arts Center at the round table.
For More Information
|John French, Honors Program Coordinator|