The Advantage Peer Mentor program is students helping new participants adapt to the college environment so they can meet their educational goals with ease and confidence.
Role of a Peer Mentor
- Provide information concerning campus resources, activities and services.
- Act as a source of positivity for new students.
- Provide encouragement for mentees to stay in college and finish their program.
- Model respect, self-advocacy, resilience and resourcefulness.
- Are accessible to answer mentee questions.
- Help students discover their own ideas, answers and methods of problem-solving.
- Build trust with the mentees and is an active part of their college life.
- Refer mentees to other campus services as needed.
How to Become a Peer Mentor
If you would like to learn more about becoming a mentor, contact the Advantage Office:
|Advantage (TRiO SSS) Program|
|Location||Wilkens South 221|