Advising & Counseling Services
The mission of Advising is to encourage student responsibility and independence. Advisors foster relationships with students to inspire self-discovery and support academic, career, and transfer goals.
The Role of the Advisor
- Help you to establish academic goals
- Assist you as you explore transfer and career opportunities
- Help you navigate 4Cs programs, policies, and resources
- Assist you with choosing and/or changing your program of study
- Teach you to read your academic map and together monitor your progress toward graduation
- Help you adjust to being a college student
- Review your course selections with you each semester
The Role of the Student
- Check your college e-mail every day. Your advisor will contact you there.
- Get to know your advisor! Visit often.
- Find your advisor's name and contact information in CampusWeb.
- Come prepared to every advising session. Bring course selections to review, and questions to discuss with your advisor.
- Use your academic map. Update it each time you finish a course.
4Cs Advisors are committed to customer service. We adhere to the ethical standards set forth by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS).
|Advising & Counseling Services|
|Location||Grossman Commons, 2nd floor, C-203|