The Student Senate is the organization of the student body at Cape Cod Community College and is governed by a constitution. The purpose of the Student Senate:
- Encourage and promote student participation in student activities.
- Advocate for active student participation in college affairs and governance.
- Responsible for disbursement of student activity monies to clubs and/or organizations.
- Active in scholarship fundraising and coordinating community service projects.
- Provide opportunities for cooperation and understanding among students, faculty and the administration.
- Protect student rights and represent student interests on college committees.
Meet Your Student Senate
Run for Student Trustee
This is one of the most important representative offices in student government at Cape Cod Community College. The student trustee is a member of the college’s governing body, the Board of Trustees. This person is the voice of students and ensures that their concerns are known at the highest level of decision making.
Why should you run for student trustee?
- You would make a difference in the lives of your fellow students
- You would gain valuable leadership experience
- You would gain valuable decision-making experience
- You would a catalyst for positive change
If you have what it takes, pick up a nomination paper and begin the process to represent your fellow students and sit at the table where decisions are made that affect Cape Cod Community College.
The deadline for submission of nomination paper is Friday, February 15, 2019 at Noon.