Architectural Computer Drafting
The Architectural Computer Drafting Certificate addresses the construction industry’s need for personnel skilled in architectural drafting and design. Students gain proficiency in CAD drafting as well as the architectural process and required architectural documentation. Students start by developing efficient drafting techniques and mastering the 2D drawing capabilities of AutoCAD. These skills are then leveraged to develop expertise in preparing a complete set of working drawings for supporting a construction project.
This occupational profile is provided by O*NET.
Upon completion of the Architectural Computer Drafting Certificate students are able to:
- Demonstrate mastery in the 2D drafting and construction documentation capabilities of AutoCAD software.
- Create and coordinate a full set of construction drawings and floor plans (single and multi-level).
- Explain the process of creating a set of architectural plans and evaluate architectural plans for completeness.
- Demonstrate the creation of a 2D drawing from reality capture data.
- Produce interior and exterior elevations, develop sections, window, door & finish schedules.
- Validate design and verify that design intent is actually making it onto the documentation.