Veterans Education Benefits
For information on how to apply and how to transfer schools, or change programs:
- benefits.va.gov/gibill/: An excellent source of information with links to apply online
- benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp: the on-line application system
Vets and Reservists: use Form 22-1990
Ch. 35 Dependents: use Form 22-5490
Transfer students: use Form 22-1995 or 22-5495
Submit online confirmation page or Certificate of Approval to the Financial Aid Office. (Chapter 35: provide the VA file# to Financial Aid). When you are registered, the Financial Aid Office will certify your enrollment with the VA. Application processing at the VA can take 10–12 weeks.
For benefit amounts: www.gibill.va.gov
For eligibility questions, call 888.442.4551, or use the e-mail option on the VA website.
- Ch. 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill will send your tuition and fees payment to the college. The book and monthly housing allowance, if applicable, are paid directly to you.
- Ch. 30, 1606, 1607, and 35 VA Education Benefits do not defer payment of College's tuition or fees. Payment occurs at the end of each month.
- Ch. 30, 1606, and 1607 recipients must verify your enrollment at the end of every month – no earlier than the last day of the month. To do this go to www.gibill.va.gov/wave or call 877.823.2378.
Questions about payments? 888.442.4551
Your first payment can be delayed 10–12 weeks, but will be retro-active to the start of school. For fastest receipt of payments, apply early and pre-register for classes before August (Fall semester) and December (Spring semester).
- Tuition waived, which is approximately 15% of the class price.
- Must submit documentation and Tuition Waiver form once a year.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office each semester and when any schedule changes are made.
MA National Guard
- Pays 100% of Tuition and Fees.
- Need Certificate Form from Unit: Apply Online
- Contact the Financial Aid Office each Semester.
Tuition Assistance for Active Duty
- Military Unit Education Officer submits purchase order to the Business Office for 3rd Party Billing.
|Office of Financial Aid|
|Location||Nickerson Administration Building, Ground Floor|