Massachusetts Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment Initiative (MAICEI)
The MAICEI program at Cape Cod Community College is a fully inclusive postsecondary program for adult high school students (aged 18–22), with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
A Building Block for the Future
- The mission of the program is to provide college experiences to increase self-determination, dignity and worth
- Students in the MAICEI program share the same experiences as their college aged peers in the areas of academics and socialization
- With additional supports in place, CCCC MAICEI students may enroll in courses for credit or as an audit experience, attend clubs and campus events, and socialize with peers
- The program has been tremendously successful as students gain independence, further develop communication skills, and are actively engaged in creating their lives
Participation in the MAICEI program is contingent on a partnership agreement with the student’s sending high school district. MAICEI is a Commonwealth of Massachusetts grant funded program through the Department of Higher Education. The expectation is that the program will move towards full sustainability with the understanding that partner districts will contribute to the overall cost of the program. Tuition, books, and related supplies have been covered by the program traditionally. Support services such as tutoring, coaching, and advising, are also part of the MAICEI experience.
CEI Program welcomes students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in one of our partner public high schools
- Between the ages of 18–22
- Tier one students are young adults who are eligible for special education services and have not passed the MCAS exam; tier two students have passed the exam with great effort, and are still eligible for special education services
- Referred by their special education advisors and directors
- Have identified their personal transition goals from high school to post high school in an IEP or Person Centered Plan
Students who are interested in the MAICEI Program at CCCC should contact the special education director in their school district. Interested students must complete an application for acceptance to the program.
2019 MAICEI Grant Student Application