Health and Human Services
By visiting one easy-to-remember website address, BCHumanServices.net, you can find many health and human services resources on Cape Cod.
- Barnstable County Human Services: Community announcements, regional updates, reports, and publications
- Behavioral Health Portal: Features mental health and substance abuse information, self-help guides, and a robust directory of services
- Health and Wellness Portal: Provides an overview of health data on Cape Cod
- Mass211 Service Directory: Assistance with locating essential community resources. 2-1-1 serves as a resource for finding government benefits and services, nonprofit organizations, support groups, volunteer opportunities, donation programs, and other local resources.
- Baby Safe Haven Hotline: 866.814.7233 (SAFE)
A parent can legally surrender new born infants–7 days old or younger – at a hospital, police station, or manned fire station.
- Cape Cod Emergency Services Program: 800.981.4357
24-hour hotline for crisis intervention.
- Child-at-Risk Hotline: 800.792.5200
24-hour hotline to report child abuse or neglect with the Mass. Department of Children and Families.
- Disabled Persons Protection Hotline: 800.426.9009
24-hour hotline to report abuse or neglect of an adult (ages 18–59) with disabilities.
- Mass 2-1-1: Dial 211 from any phone
24-hour hotline for access to health and human services. It is a resource for finding government benefits/services, nonprofit organizations, support groups, and more. Calls are confidential.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.799.7233 (SAFE)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800.656.4673 (HOPE)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800.273.8255
- Parental Stress Hotline: 800.632.8188
- The Samaritans on Cape Cod and the Islands: 877.870.4673
Call or text 24/7.
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800.273.8255, Press 1
Send text to: 838255 or Online Chat
|Student Wellness & Counseling|
|Location||Grossman Commons, Room 208|